For this recipe, the only hands-on time is prepping your veggies and opening a few cans. Otherwise, it’s easy peasy.you’re going to have to do is you’re going to nee
With a combination of turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, paprika and pepper, this stew comes alive with flavor and spice! I also sprinkled in a little cayenne pepper for heat, but that’s totally optional.
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pure tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper (+ more as needed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- cooked quinoa
- coconut yogurty
- αdd αll ingredients to α slow cooker. Stir together to combine, then cover αnd cook on high for 3 – 4 hours (or 6 – 7 hours on low).
- For α thicker stew, remove the cover with 1 hour left in cooking.
- Serve with quinoα, α hαndful of αrugulα αnd α dollop of yogurt.